Monday 25 October 2010

The Day Before

So today felt really crazy. I'm not sure if that's because I couldn't sleep at all last night because of all the last minute things my subconscious came up with, the fact that we haven't had water all day, the last minute things I actually had to do, or the three hours it took me to change JJ's BMW F650's oil... How I love my Honda. It was fund watching some of Long Way Round with Grace today and finally talking with JJ face to face about the trip. We actually started talking about a trip within the first hour we met. He initially talked of Dakar, but I already had Mali and Burkina visa's so Timbuktu worked better for me. We just kept pushing the date back for various reasons and finally set it for end October in July. His bike is a lowered F650GS, no panniers, and not a lot of planning on his part. It makes him a really perfect traveling partner for me, the over-planner. It'll be amazing if he get's that bike through some of the places we're going, but I guess that's part of the adventure. We leave tomorrow at 6 a.m., head North of Daapong to the Burkina border, then make the dash for Ouagadougou. It should take 8 hours. Let the adventure begin and the iron butts be made- Matt

0 comments:

Post a Comment